“Art has filled my life with never ending joy.” Leona has always loved art. While raising four boys, she always sought opportunities to paint. She paints daily and has been a very popular art teacher at the Burlingame Recreational Center for 25 years. Her primary medium is watercolor, although occasionally she works in oils and acrylics. Leona was commissioned to do a series of watercolors of San Francisco landmarks for the San Francisco Hilton Hotel. Leona was asked to paint the cover art for the Artist's Open Studio event brochure. She is affiliated with ( BAS) Burlingame Art Society, SWA (Society of Western Artists), and CWS (California Watercolorists Society). Her paintings are a part of many private and corporate collections.
• Burlingame Art Society "Artist of the Year
• Society of Western Artists "Signature Award"
• North Light Book Monthly Magazine "Featured Artist of the Month"
• Academy of Art "Scholarship" San Francisco
• Peninsula Arts Council of San Mateo County Diamond Award "Arts Educator" 1995 and
"Individual Artist" 2004
• Extraordinary Burlingamer Award 2007
• Gold medal winner San Mateo County Fair
• Recipient of Grant from the Pen. Community Foundation
• Winner Capitol Art Program Cannon Rotunda (Wash. DC)
• Designer for many years of Art in the Park
• Illustrated book 'Tunes from a Tuscan Guitar" by Roland Bianchi
• Judge San Mateo County Fair for 15 years